Audrey swims - the girls' hats were sold out so we settled on the boys - she still looks adorable!!!!!Saturday, Sept. 27th, Audrey went swimming at her Nana and Papa's for the very first time!!! She can only stay out of her braces for an hour out of each day, so we decided to use 30 minutes of her free time in the pool! We slowly lowered her in and she loved it!! Or, at least we think she did because she didn't cry. Now, I need to also say that we did not give her a bath on Thursday night or Friday night because a) she needs to get used to being in them and b) we were beyond the exhausted part. She absolutely hates her braces. When I say the word hate, I don't think I really get my point across, she loathes them, despises them, detests them. She really does not like the fact that she doesn't have the ability to move her legs independently - where one foot goes, the other follows. It's something she will be forced to accept. Shawn and I have tried and are trying to remain consistent and calm - we fight the urge to break down and remove the shoes. Our biggest issue that we are having is that her left foot slips out of the shoe. The partial heel release surgery did not really affect her left foot, as it still remains tight and the foot is pointed downward rather than flat like her right foot. Her left heel doesn't touch the bottom of the shoe and it's something we're hoping to have corrected tomorrow at the Orthotics Clinic.
Also, we'll be asking Dr. Sackett if we could possibly do the full heel release sooner rather than later. We think it may help her adjust to the braces and benefit her when she starts to crawl, sit up and even walk. We're thinking that if we wait until she's a year old to do the full heel release it will delay her walking even longer.
I caught her yawning!
Man, she's gorgeous!
Look at that grin!
She is PRECIOUS! Love her!
ReplyDeleteI love the new pictures of Audrey! A special thanks to the fantastic photographer and a very nice job capturing some precious moments! She is so beautiful and I love the one in her hat. I'm going to print it out for Mamaw - she'll go nuts over it!! Keep them coming...THANK YOU.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweetie-pie...I'm so glad the weather was perfect for her "cast-off" party!!! We can't wait until next summer...if Madi has anything to do with it, she'll learn to swim by the time she is 2 years old! Love you!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, I love seeing her cute little legs. :) I wish I could have seen her swim. I'm glad you all had fun.
ReplyDeleteSo glad Audrey got her casts off got to go for a dip, I'm sure there are many more to come! She looks so adorable in all the photos!
ReplyDelete