Our Constant Battle with Audrey's Feet...

We had a follow-up with Dr. Lund (clubfoot doc) today and we got the news we were expecting to hear but not hoping...

Dr. Lund told us he is not seeing the progress on Audrey's left foot as he had hoped... he strongly suggested we go see Dr. Jose Morcuende at University of Iowa Hospital. He released us from his care temporarily but said that we can do our follow-up appointments with him rather than going to Iowa each time. He also set some realistic expectations for us when we get to Iowa, she will go back into casts and Dr. Morcuende will mostly likely put two on before he's able to tell if she's a candidate for surgery in the future. I appreciate all the work and effort Dr. Lund and his nurse Shelley put into Audrey's foot, and I'm also very happy he's not pushing surgery on us now. He did hint that her extra toes are producing the effort to correct a lot more difficult because of all the extra fatty tissue... and that surgery to remove that may help our situation... I just don't know. We're feeling a little discouraged, stressed and worried about traveling with Audrey Sue but hopefully we'll find our prayers answered in Iowa.

Tomorrow I'll be spending the majority of my time trying to coordinate our trip up there... I will keep you posted!

9 comments:

  1. My prayers and thoughts are with you all the time. Take care of our littlest angel. She is a doll. Thank you for taking the time to keep us all posted. Love to all of you. God Bless You

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear about Audrey's cf but you will be so happy once you came up here to Iowa to see Dr. Morcuende. He is awesome. My son Caleb is treated by him and Dr. Ponseti. Everyone there is so nice, you will never regret this trip...and hopefully the weather will get better when you come up here :) Our weather is just so miserable, we're suppose to get a heatwave of high 40's here next week lol gotta love Iowa :) Good luck in Iowa! I'll be thinking about you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was hoping and praying that you wouldn't have to take sweet Audrey Sue to Iowa, but I'm sure God is leading you all to the best doctor's available. If there is anything we can do to help or anything you need, please let us know. We love you both and little Audrey so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry to hear that a trip to Iowa will be needed. I'll be praying for a safe trip you you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We'll keep you guys in our prayers and hope everything goes great in Iowa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry you guys have to go to Iowa. I bet Dr. Morcuende will do a great job though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is always in God's hands isn't it? Of course sometimes God's answers to our prayers aren't exactly what we had in mind...at least God is putting Audrey in the best drs. hands. I love you guys and of course my prayers are always with you three!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will be praying for Audrey and that yalls trip goes well! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete