Audrey had the pleasure displeasure of seeing Santa twice! Nana and Papa took Audrey and her cousin Madi to see Santa at Bass Pro Shop and the picture of Madi is so sweet, the picture of Audrey is, how shall I say this… not so sweet. She’s not being naughty or nice, she’s clearly uncomfortable. So, was the torture of visiting Santa in the morning enough for Audrey’s parents? Yeah, not so much.
Yesterday, I made homemade chicken noodle soup for us after our visit to Santa’s Village. I knew we would be a little chilly waiting in line to see him and thought it would be the perfect thing to warm our little bellies. Santa’s Village is AWESOME! The city of Richardson creates an incredible winter wonderland for all boys and girls. The main house is Santa’s House and you get to tour his workshop before sitting down with him to take a photo and tell him what you want for Christmas. Then there’s Santa’s Reindeer Shed where you get to sit on a saddle and get your nose stamped, then the kids receive “magic” reindeer food to put on your lawn for Santa’s 8 Reindeers! You could stop by Santa’s Safety Station and receive a good citation from a North Pole Officer. Or, take your card to the Polar Bear Bank ATM machine and redeem you card for a prize from a teller. More stops include an interview at the K-ELF TV Station, help make an ornament at the Ornament Factory, pet puppies and kittens from the Richardson Animal Shelter at Santa’s Pet Shop (Madi’s favorite!), play an instrument at Santa’s Little Symphony, get weighed and measured at Santa’s Beary Good Hospital, watch a Marionette performance at Santa’s City Hall, meet Mrs. Claus and receive a cookie from Mrs. Claus’ Bakery, listen to a book reading at Santa’s Library, send off your letter to Santa at Santa’s Post Office, play firefighter at Santa’s Fire Station, grab a bite to eat at Castle CafĂ©, or visit Frosty at Frosty’s House. Last night was the last night Santa’s Village was open and it was PACKED! We waited in line for an hour to see the big guy in the red suit and headed home. Madi got to walk around and enjoy the activities like the pet shop and Mrs. Claus’ Bakery.

My beautiful and darling niece Madeline and Santa Claus
Audrey is so in love with her cousin Madi!! I am so hopeful that they will share a bond like their mother's share.

I dressed Audrey in her PJ's so she could hop into bed as soon as we got home!! Plus, doesn't it seem appropriate that you should see Santa in your Christmas PJ's
We had a lot of fun and it was just the right thing to get us into the Christmas spirit. We are looking forward to seeing what Audrey does with all her presents this year. She enjoys playing with the bows on the presents under our tree at home… so my prediction is she will more interested in the bows on her presents rather than the actual present itself. We don’t know if she was able to share with Santa what she wanted for Christmas so it will be one big surprise for all of us!
We pray you are filled with many blessings this Christmas and that they follow you into the New Year!!
Merry Christmas to all of our Family and Friends!!
Oh my! That is the saddest/maddest/cutest little face ever!! Too funny!
ReplyDeleteSanta's Village sounds like a Christmas wonderland. I had to smile and chuckle a little when I saw Audrey with Santa. It may not be right but sometimes those not-so-good pictures with Santa are the best. Audrey, I'm sorry you didn't like Santa this year. There's always next year.
ReplyDeleteI wish your family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!
Diane, Tyler's mom
I'm glad we were able to share in one of Audrey's visits to Santa this year...she truly does love her cousin, Madi...no doubt about that! And I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual! We had a great time with Audrey this weekend...can't wait to see her open up some of her presents on Christmas Day!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I pray many blessings on all of your blog followers for a wonderful Christmas season and a very happy, healthy, and blessed New Year!
They will for sure share a bond like ours. I love Audrey's picture. Shawn did a great job getting my precious Madeline. She looks so innocent...little does Santa know...
ReplyDeleteI've always wanted to go to Santa's Village - it sounds so wonderful. The look on Audrey's face is so similar to the one I have of Shawn sitting on the Easter Bunny's lap when he was Audrey's age - adorably terrified, but so cute! We'll see you Christmas morning. I can't wait to watch Audrey open all her gifts!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas to all and blessings for a Happy 2010!
Too precious. :)
ReplyDeleteDon't worry, Audrey, this is what all of my pictures with Santa look like when I was little too. :) I hope he spoiled you rotten this year! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
ReplyDeleteAudrey Sue's pjs are adorable! Hope she had an awesome Christmas even though she was a lil scared of Santa! LOL
ReplyDelete