Momma, I love you dearly. You hold me when I need to be held, you sing to me when I need to hear music, you make me laugh when I need to see something funny, you feed me when I'm hungry, you know exactly when I want my milk. But, Momma, you don't post enough about me on my blog. You know I can't do it myself yet, and I wish you would focus more time after I've gone to bed to share me with the world. I make your world shine, I may help someone else's world shine too. Now, please share me and all my accomplishments with them.
Love, Audrey
My dearest Audrey - Thank you for putting me in my place. You are your mother's daughter. As you wish Audrey, as you wish.
Okay World, that was a little embarrassing, but lets get updated on Audrey, shall we? Audrey only had 4 appointments this week. She had her hearing aid checkup and everything checked out fine. They cleaned them up really well and glued the ear molds to the tubing. And, looked up the data from the hearing aids. They can see how many hours she has been in her hearing aids since the last time they pulled the data. It wasn't very many because she has had so many ear infections since we saw them last. They attempted to test some information without her hearing aids in but she wasn't having it. I think her new ENT may want to do another ABR soon... which requires sedation.
Speaking of new ENT... we decided to go to a new ENT because of the chronic ear infections and we weren't really impressed with her last one. Her ear infections have gotten so bad that they ooze thick puss and sometimes bleed. After she got over an ear infection 3 weeks before her appointment, I decided that we needed to see him. Well... one week before her appointment, her ears started draining and she had another double ear infection. She was put on a stronger antibiotic and ear drops until we saw the ENT. We LOVE the new ENT. He immediately went into action mode and not cautious mode. He put her in this papoose type of restraint so he could get a good look into her ears under the microscope. He prepared me by what he was going to do, he was going to take a swab of her infection to test for MRSA, suck out the fluid, and then shoot an antibiotic/antifungal powder into each ear. He warned me that this would be chaotic and it certainly was just that. She screamed the hardest I have ever seen her while he did it all and it lasted about 10 minutes. It was painful for both of us. He asked that we come back in a week to look at her ears, discuss the results of the culture and put a plan of action together. He also put her on eye drops in case she did have MRSA. He said the eye drops would start the process of killing the bacteria as well as help transfer the powder behind the ear drum.
At our follow-up visit, we found out NO MRSA!!! He put her back in the papoose restraint (NOOO) and checked out those ears. He said the right was clear and there was some granulation in her ear tube, her left ear had some fluid and some granulation in her ear tube. He put her on Ciprodex to flush out the granulation and told us to put her hearing aids in during the weekend. We go back in two weeks :)
Her last appointment was with her Clubfoot Doctor, Dr. Lund! We love Dr. Lund! He was very pleased with her feet. He says we're still following the Ponseti Method and will keep her in night-time brace wear until she's 4. Also, we discussed when we should remove her extra piggies. We will probably do it January 2011. The goal is to do it after she's walking. He assured us the recovery won't affect her clubfoot treatment and that she will be up in no time. But, the thought of removing her extra piggies makes me sad. In just 9 months, her feet will look completely different. I have spent so many hours staring at them, wondering what they'd look like with only 5 toes and it's almost a reality. I don't see her feet as looking odd, her feet are completely normal... in fact, I have to look twice when I see a 5 toed baby foot because that looks odd to me. I have big ideas of what I we're going to do to honor those little piggies that have extra roast beef. Please stay tuned for those ideas. And, also, I will explain the necessity of removing them later on.
And, now for a video of Audrey hanging out with her Daddy while I shopped... so this is what they do alone, huh?
Sounds like you are very busy!
ReplyDeleteAudrey has such good taste in music!
Aww, she is the cutest! Glad you found an ENT that you like, repeating double ear infections are FRUSTRATING!
ReplyDeleteVery nice blog, Stefani...proud Momma moment for me! And I love the video...Shawn is such a good daddy! You are so blessed!
ReplyDeleteI mean 4 appointments this MONTH... geez.
ReplyDeleteI love this!!! Audrey Sue DOES have great taste in music.
ReplyDeleteGreat update Stefani! I'm so proud of you, Shawn and Audrey. I know it's not easy hearing your baby cry for 10 minutes, but she and you got through it. I'm glad you found a great ENT doctor. Tell Shawn that I love the video of Audrey dancing to Nirvana. I hope I spelled that right. Love you!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the info about ear infections you left me awhile ago.
ReplyDeleteAll stuff I didn't know.
I may be bugging you for your ENT info later... though I hope it's not necessary.
Yay for no MRSA!
Great entry, Stef. Bless your heart, you've been busy.
ReplyDeleteLooks like Shawn has her started off on the correct musical taste. :) She looks like she was enjoying herself. I LOVE that smile.