As you wish...

I've received a lot of requests for new photos... so here they are (and by "a lot" I mean, all from Brittney... I hope you're happy now!!!)
After work, playing with Daddy. (pre-surgery)

This is my all time favorite photo of Audrey - thus far. She is the sweetest girl in the world!! (pre-surgery)

Sitting up like a big girl! (pre-surgery)

Audrey in her Thanksgiving dress. She had another cute dress for her 2nd Thanksgiving dinner but she vomited all over it... (post-surgery)


Beautiful! (post - surgery)

She got this hat from volunteers at Children's. They kept showing us tiny hats and I kept asking them if they had anything bigger, bigger... I think this one works for her! (post-surgery)


Since her shunt placement surgery, we have seen HUGE, MASSIVE improvements from her. It's wonderful to see her discovering new things and interacting with everything. The decision for the shunt surgery was a hard decision to make because we had "time" to wait to see if it would increase more. But, we made the right decision because of all of the changes we've seen in her. Her surgeon agrees that we made the right decision and she doesn't feel like her vomiting was related to her hydro - it's more than likely due to her cough. Or something else I'm wondering if it could be related to her ear infection... If she has fluid behind/in her ear it could be affecting her equilibrium and making her nauseous when she sits upright in her car seat every morning. Dr. Porter also put her on Pulmicort to help in stopping her cough - he thinks the vomiting will stop. She's been on it for almost 2 weeks - He said after 7 days the vomiting should stop - It hasn't...

She's back in her casts. Dr. Lund is pretty convinced that her atypical clubfeet are a result from her previous doctor's castings... He and his nurse Shelley are wonderful with Audrey. With her first doctor, the removal of the casts were a little more to be desired... they would saw them off and on one occasion they caught Audrey's toe with the blade (this Momma was not happy!). At Dr. Lund's office, Audrey sits in a warm bathtub and then Shelley uses a blade to cut the cast off and she peels it off like a banana. It's pretty relaxing for Audrey, I think.

While Audrey was in her first Dr. Lund's cast, her left foot slipped back into the cast and I couldn't see her big toe. I called them and he wanted to see us asap. After removing the cast, her left foot was a little irritated. She had her 2nd casting on Thursday and I think her left foot has slipped again so I'm calling Dr. Lund today (he gives his patients his cell phone #!!) to see if he wants us to come in early. He also indicated that Audrey's clubfeet case is difficult to correct because a) she has atypical clubfeet and b) that extra big toe is proving to be hindering the "typical" correction process.

We had Clint over to take our Christmas card photos... For some reason, we opted not to send this one out...
Audrey has found my hair...

She has seen Santa Claus twice! He visited her at daycare on Thursday and then we visited him at his village in Richardson Saturday night. We waited almost 2 hours in the chilly wind so she could sit on his lap. Our good friends Clint and Heather joined us in on the fun, they were good company while we waited. We also got to see the hilarity that is BooCoos the Clown - that BooCoos in Coo-Coo...
This was taken at Santa's Village

Santa's Village!

Shawn and I did all of our Christmas shopping in a little over 4 hours Saturday while Audrey spent the day with her Maw-Maw, Nanny and PawPaw.
She wasn't the biggest fan of her Santa hat...

So, here's where we're at with Audrey:
  • Shunt is working great and we see wonderful developmental milestones.
  • Vomiting continues and we will probably ask to go see an ENT.
  • Casts back on - will most likely be more than 2-3 casts because Audrey's case is harder to correct.
  • Her first Christmas is almost here, so we're getting excited to see what Santa brings her and to see how she interacts with all of her new toys!!!
  • Continuing to watch for signs of infection from surgery.
  • We're introducing more solids to her as well - she had sweet potatoes the other night but I don't think she really liked them very much.
If I don't post anything before Christmas - we hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!!!

14 comments:

  1. Can I just say that I LOVE her. She is absolutely adorable. I love looking at her pictures...I can't wait to see her play with her toys also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the new pics... I Love seeing that little face. When I am having a bad day I can come to this site and start to smile again. Angel Audrey is Adorable and is loved by many!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the wonderful pictures of all of you. I love to watch her play. Can't wait to see ya'll at Christmas. Love and God Bless All of You

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your site through our friend Tyler. Audrey Sue is such a cute little girl. My little boy has Hydro. too. He also was born with a club foot. Keller had to go through several cast and now wears braces at night. I hope you guys have a Merry Christmas.

    Brooke
    www.caringbridg.org/visit.kellerthomasbreuer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you don't mind that Len gave me your blog website. Audrey is adorable! Dan has not talked to David in a while so we had no idea all that was going on with Audrey. I am glad her surgery went well and we will keep her in our prayers. Feel free to check out our blog. It is mostly just pics of Jackson.

    www.danandlindanoble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found your blog via Hannah Ekua's hydro blog.

    Hope you don't mind but would love to add your blog to our blog roll on Violet's blog?!?

    Audrey is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my sweet granddaughter so much! The pictures you've posted are so sweet and show just how adorable and precious little Audrey Sue is. Thank you for the update on Audrey's progress. I've seen a lot of improvement too since her surgery and especially on Saturday while you and Shawn shopped. She's blowing bubbles at me, Pawpaw and Mamaw, cooing, keeps eye contact and reaches for her toys now. I swear she's trying to talk to me. She gets so excited when she's interacting with us. I could go on and on - LOL See ya'll Saturday at the Annual Hannon Christmas Party in Plano!! I can't wait to show Audrey off to all those who haven't met her yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kadyn has horrible siezures. The type that scare me. Basically he will make a kissy noise, and his eyes will go into the backof his head, then his left arm and leg will start to move up and down in a stiff motion like...then it moves over to his right side. His siezures normally last about 20-45 minutes. He hasn't had any of those in over a month. He also has absent siezures. He basically just stares out into space...and he won't respond to anything. He has those everyday.

    Your daughter looks so cute in all her pictures!! Merry Christmas!! This is Kadyns 2nd christmas!!! YAY

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too love all the pictures! And your updates...God definitely answers prayers, doesn't He? I can't wait to see the real Christmas card picture...I love the pose you didn't choose. It reminds me of a time around 27 years ago...except the mama's hair was blonde and there were two little baby girls pulling it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy holiday to you and your family. love the photo when she pulled your hairs.

    we both have strong baby girls. they fight for their life. in fact, i'm so proud to have her in this life.

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is so pretty! It is a toss between you and your dh who she looks like! She seems to really be doing great after the surgery! What a happy baby! You are doing a great job!

    Enjoy your first Christmas with Audrey!!!

    Sarah
    (mommyof4tx ivillage)

    ReplyDelete
  13. First, I have to say that I can't believe that other doctor didn't think of the method Dr. Lund uses to remove the casts. I bet that was so much more soothing to her being in warm water.

    We had a lot of fun waiting with you guys to see Santa, by the way. :) BooCoos the clown was a little over-the-top, but what clown isn't? -hehe- The picture came out great.

    I love the new pics you put up, especially the pulling your hair one. That was fun to watch. :) See you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Y'all are a gorgeous family! Best wishes for all.

    ReplyDelete