Thank you God for trusting me with your little angel. The day I met her for the first time, I knew she was meant for me. I've learned how to be the kind of mother You wanted me to be. She is my entire world and thank You for giving me Your gift! She is Your child first, my child second!
Some things have been said over the last 7 months that have irked me a little and I've never said anything, but...
I'm just going to say it, God did not punish me by giving me a "different" child. We are blessed beyond what we could ever imagine. I get so frustrated when people feel sorry for my family. We're going through a lot, that's no secret, but I never once feel sorry for myself. I see other babies that are the same age as Audrey, and yes, she is not growing with them but that doesn't make me sad. My baby loves to be in my arms and she's in no hurry to get any older - I see nothing wrong with that!! The many doctors visits we go to is a piece of cake; keeping Audrey on her schedule - a piece of cake (but all the credit goes to Audrey because she knows how to stay on schedule); The surgeries - okay that's not a piece of cake but Audrey has iron strength and she is the one who gets us through it; Raising her - PIECE OF CAKE! I do feel bad for Audrey that she has been through so much in her short life, but she is a princess and deserves all this attention :)
I did everything I was supposed to during my pregnancy and God gave me perfection. She's a unique little girl. She's a happy little girl. She's a tough little girl. And, she is my little girl.
Stefani...God gave you an amazing little girl because YOU are amazing...no doubt about that! I am in awe of you!!
ReplyDeleteThis entry brought tears to my eyes. You can't control what comes out of people's mouths...
ReplyDeleteThe three of you are incredible together. It is not secret God gave you two a beautiful child. And he knew she would bring you more joy than the two of you had ever imagined you could have.
And we come from a family that are true believers in "God will never give you anything you can't handle" - the number of dr. appointments I'm sure can be overwhelming at times but it has helped open up the communication between you two as a married couple.
I look up to you on so many levels - a sister and a mom.
AMEN!!!!
ReplyDeleteWell said Stefani! I agree with your mother - Audrey and you are amazing and God has given Pat and I the most beautiful daughter-in-law and grandchild in the world!!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree! Some people just don't get it! Our babies are complete miracles!
ReplyDeleteVery well put, Stefani. Audrey is the sweetest and is an angel. We love you all!
ReplyDeleteStefani I am so very proud of you. You and Shawn are awsome parents. Yes God has gave you a wonderful gift and you are taking very good care of her. My prayers are with you all the time. God gives 'Special children' to 'Special parents' Like Staci this entry brought tears to my eyes. I'm so glad we were with ya'll Christmas day. Love lots.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you and with Staci " God only gives us what we can handle" you both are blessed to have Audrey as well as Audrey is blessed to have you, you make the perfect family.
ReplyDeleteLove to all of you,
Aunt Karin
Thank you for this entry. We are expecting a new baby boy who has been diagnosed with hydrocephalus. We in are still learning what else might be in store for him. Thank you for your honest, heart felt blog -- spoken like a true and loving mamma bear. God bless you and your beautiful baby girl. You are a blessing in my life, just with your willingness to share your journey.
ReplyDelete