Snow Day

Audrey, Daddy and me spent our first snow day together. Audrey and I stayed indoors the entire day in our pj's but Daddy got out to wipe the snow off the satellite, his car, some of the snow weighing down on bushes - okay really he was just playing in the snow. He made a snowman while Audrey and I took a little nap. Last night we lost our power from 10pm until a little after 3am. We were all in bed asleep. Daddy and I both woke up when we heard the heater click off and thought oh great! I called Oncor immediately to report the problem and then we tried to go back to sleep. But, something kept me up thinking about Audrey. Audrey is known to kick her covers off and is quite the little rolly polly in bed. So, I, of course, was worried about her and brought her in bed with us. She didn't like all of us sharing the same blanket and felt a little constricted between the two of us. I had to grab a lighter blanket to sleep with so that she could sleep comfortably. I also slept on the very edge of the bed so that Daddy and Audrey could sprawl out on the bed (Daddy would probably say he didn't have much room either, but we all know that he likes to sleep on his side with his butt pushed way out... we all know Daddy). Daddy and I heard the heater kick on around 3am and he carried Audrey to bed. We slept soundly until about 6:15 when Audrey decided it was a good time to start the day.
Taken about 4:30pm on 02/11/2010, the snow had been falling continuously since 5am and fell for another 7-8 hours after this was taken. Winter Weather record in Richardson, Texas. It was the most beautiful thing to wake up to this morning.

Snow off our driveway

Audrey wasn't really interested in the snow, she seemed a little sensitive to the bright white



Daddy is spending the evening with our friends at a Olympic Opening/Birthday party for a Olympic Figure Skater in the 30's. I was also invited to attend, but since Audrey will be at her Nanny and PawPaw's tomorrow night, I figured I'd stay in this evening for a little Mommy relaxation time. Tomorrow night we've invited some friends to come over for a Valentine's Karaoke Jam - I am very hopeful that I will be belting out some Celine Dion to my Valentine at the top of my lungs. I'll let you know if we have any friends left after tomorrow night :)
Audrey liked it better when she was on the outside of the hamper and Daddy was inside (he got stuck and needed assistance - it was pretty funny!)

Audrey is amazing everyone with her progress. She is pulling up to stand with a lot more ease (and less grunts). She has been pulling up to stand at Mommy and Daddy's bed, Mommy and Daddy's legs, our desk, couch, piano (which is awesome because she's figured out that with a little more reach she can get to the keys), the refrigerator, the cabinets, pretty much everywhere. She has even attempted to pull up to stand in the tub - which makes me really anxious because a little boy (one of her boyfriends, I might add) came to school on Monday with a big shiner on his left eye from a fall in the tub. Poor little guy. She is even cruising more than one or two shuffle steps to the side - she is going around corners, reaching across from the coffee table to the couch. Progressing nicely.
See what I mean?

Pulled herself right up to stand with me...



Daddy and I are three weeks into our Signing Exact English classes. Audrey's hearing specialist who works with her weekly suggested we attend this class to help our communication at home. We are in the beginners class, but it's a lot more detailed than learning basic signs. We're learning how to communicate using signs. Our homework is to learn 5 sentences in sign language using signs from weeks 2 & 3, hand spelling some words, and incorporate numbers. It's very cool and hopefully this will encourage Audrey to communicate.

8 comments:

  1. Amazing progress indeed! That was so much fun watching her pull herself up and walk around the coffee table. Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what happened to my comment that I posted last night...anyway, I LOVE all the pictures and especially the video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a great time with Audrey Saturday night! Thanks for letting us spend some quality time with her. I love the video and all the new pictures too! That's a cool hat Audrey is wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1) The snow was too bright for me too. :)
    2) Love the walking, Audrey Sue!!
    3) I'm so impressed with your signing! Isn't it amazing! I wish I were better. Love those kiddos at my school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are all so wonderful. I loved the pictures. And the video is out of this world. She is sooooo cute. Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just happened to stumble across your blog, my daughter also has hydrocephalus! Does your daughter have hearing loss too or are you just learning sign to help with communication? You can check out my blog at jolenesblogrocks.blogspot.com if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete