I can see clearly now, though. My husband does everything and without complaints. A little snip-it of our daily lives:
Weekdays:
5am - I get up and get ready for work.
6:30 - Shawn's alarm goes off (my cue to heat Audrey's bottle up and prepare her bag for daycare). Shawn gets up soon after and gets Audrey ready for school.
6:45ish - He puts her in the car and I drop her off at school on my way to work.
5pm - I pick Audrey up and we get home. Shawn comes out to the car, gets her and takes her inside.
5:30 - I make dinner while Shawn gets in some Daddy-Audrey time.
6:15-30 - Shawn does the dishes while I get Mommy-Audrey time and feed her her dinner .
7pm - I give Audrey a bath and get her ready for bed. And... this is when Shawn does everything. He cleans up after Audrey's bath. He prepares her bottles for the next day, saving me one to feed her before bedtime.
7:30 - He brings me her bottle and I feed Audrey while Shawn fills her vaporizer and straightens up a little bit. When she's done, we read a story, rock and sing a lullaby.
8pm - we lay her down, kiss her goodnight and then Shawn tells me the computer is all mine...
I married the right man!!! On weekends, he gets up with her on Saturdays and lets me sleep in :)... but the rest of the day, it's a team effort. Sunday's are my days to wake up with her while he sleeps in a bit. It's all about give and take...
So, Shawn took Audrey to her Urologist appointment. Audrey had not been seen since December. They waited to see the doctor for a while and then saw him for a whopping 5 minutes. Dr. Ewalt did a sonogram on Audrey's kidneys. Last December her Right kidney was at 13mm and her Left kidney was at 6mm. This go-around, her right decreased to 10mm and her left decreased to 5mm. YAY!!! And, Dr. Ewalt told Shawn he'll see Audrey back in a year! Mommy is a happy lady!
Audrey gets her casts removed tomorrow! We're so looking forward to that. Dr. Morcuende ordered us a bigger shoes so I've been working on those and I want them all ready for tomorrow!
Next Friday, Audrey goes to her first appointment at Scottish Rite!! We'll keep you updated.
She threw her first one on the floor, so I gave her a new one... After gnawing on it for 10 minutes she threw it on the floor too. And, then I got a taste of the ol' temper tantrum medicine because I wouldn't give her another one. That made me very happy to see that reaction, I don't know why, but it did!
She did mention to me that they feel Audrey will most likely start walking around 20 months. I feel like that is a reasonable prediction and I'm completely fine with Audrey pacing herself slowly. Reminds me of the story of the Turtle and the Hare... I think I'm the Hare in our story and Audrey's the Turtle. I'm trying to get "us" to the finish line and don't know how to pace "us". Audrey knows exactly the speed she needs to be at to succeed. I can learn a thing or two from her.
Shawn and I realized our calendars for the next month and half - YIKES! We have something going on every single weekend until May 16th (Audrey's birthday party). I've been planning her shindig for a month now and it's going to be HUGE! Shawn and I have given ourselves a "honey-do" list of things to get finished before the big day and that's what's keeping us busy. I'm going to have a grudge against paint by the time her birthday rolls around, I just know it!

What adorable photos! She looks so cute chewing on the biscuit :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOK...#1, as I said to you the other day, I am in awe of you (and Shawn too!). #2, keep setting and achieving those goals; once achieved, set new goals...Kev was 14 months old before he started walking, and he had you and Staci to look up to...we're going to be chasing the little Princess around soon enough! #3) If you need help with the honey-do's, call your daddy...he's really good at the honey-do's as long as they're written down on a list...my problem is I just don't write my honey-dos down! :-) And finally #4) That is an amazing picture of sweet Audrey Sue and her blue eyes! Thank you, Shawn!
ReplyDeleteTeamwork is important when you're raising children, so you and Shawn are doing a fantastic job. Pat and I are so proud of you both because you both handle your busy schedules with such ease! Chad was a slow starter in walking too, but finally followed me down the hallway 2 weeks before his 1st birthday. I was so proud of him and he did it by taking his time! Audrey will do it all in her own time too and we'll be just as proud.
ReplyDeleteLove the pictues. I agree with her Nana - Audrey has the most amazing blue eyes! They swallow me up and she's definately got my heart tied up in a pink ribbon of love. Being a grandparent is the BEST!!
Yay! I'm so happy that you and Shawn share the work - and that you recognize his part...that is huge! It saves you from unintentionally getting that martyr complex.
ReplyDeleteNow on to Audrey's goals...remember Derek never crawled, he rolled everywhere. And then he just started walking - at 2 I believe. And look at him now...I think you know where I'm going there. (But he couldn't lift his head b/c it was so big....)
I've offered my time to help with your honey do list...and when I have Madi she can keep Audrey entertained while I help...she is a great cousin. I can't wait for Audrey to follow Madi around and want to do everything Madi does.
that is awesome! i love to hear that she's doing well with her kidneys. one worry at a time.... having one less isn't too bad either. :)
ReplyDeleteteam work IS definitely key. i don't know what i would do without my husband. probably go nuts.
i think that if my son could wait till he is 18 months to start walking i'd be happy... b/c deep down inside, i think of him as my lil' baby since he crawls, and the minute he starts to walk... he'll be my big boy. i don't know that i'm ready for that... considering he's our last kid.
glad you all are doing well.
I have been waiting for your urology update :) I am so glad it went well!! Hooray for babies whose hydro goes away on its own :)
ReplyDeleteShe looks adorable in the pics.
You're both so busy. And such wonderful parents to such a beautiful little girl. Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteI am so thankful her appoint with Uro. went well. I was praying it would. Yes, team work is very important. You have had a good sample of good husbands set in front of you. Look at your dad and papa turkey. I don't know what I would do without his help. As for the walking don't rush her, she will grow up to fast as it is. The pictures are beautiful. Put out a list for gifts for party. Love to all and God Bless You
ReplyDelete