I know, I'm sorry! I have seriously neglected updating my blog... but with good reason, I promise.
We have been unbelievably busy and at this point, I just don't even know where to start... I can't even remember where I left off. Checking on that now... Oh my gosh! I haven't posted in over a week. What in the world was I thinking? Grandma Sue, this one's for you...
Audrey got her GreatPapa Turkey and Great-Grandma Sue fix a couple of weekends ago. Papa Turkey and Grandma Sue were able to see first-hand how far Audrey has come in the last several months. They were very proud of how strong she has gotten and were impressed she was able to roll all around with those heavy casts and sit up on her own for a good solid minute! Grandma Sue brought a little present down from Bonham for Audrey and she has fallen in love with her new pink bunny! Every time I set it down in front of her, she gets this huge smile on her face. That was the highlight of our weekend... I don't think we did anything all weekend long :)
Last week was a little hectic. Audrey had an MRI on her ears on Tuesday. This is supposed to tell Dr. Bauer, her ENT if her hearing loss is due to sensorial damage or if it is genetic. Audrey's Daddy and PawPaw both have hearing loss, but their hearing loss is not genetic, it's simply sensorial damage. We have not gotten the results back yet, but will hopefully hear something from their office later this week. They have suggested we get another ABR done as well, but I'm a little reluctant to put her through that again. To me, her hearing loss seems better now that her tubes are in. I whisper, she turns her head, I sing in high pitches, she turns and smiles - I cannt believe she is laughing at my voice! She hears behind her, above her, below her... everywhere around her. I have requested from my wonderful husband to have his hearing officially tested and I would like to compare their results. Her insurance will most likely pay for hearing aids if she truly needs them, but I want to make sure 100% she really does need them and I'm not quite sure what I need to do to find out.
We have also changed her bedtime to 8pm and this has worked out beautifully for us!! She was going to bed between 8:30 - 9:30. That was working for us for a while but after reviewing her daily sheets from daycare, I noticed that she's sleeping much less during the day and she's eating more solids (that's got to be doing something). So, we put her down at 8pm one night because she was a cranky baby, she slept all night, Mommy and Daddy had a good 2 hours alone before we went to bed, and all was well the next morning. In fact, Daddy had to wake her up the next morning, too, and every morning since he has had to! Go Mommy and Daddy for making a good decision!!!
I've been really bad about taking photos of Audrey too... mostly because the camera is never available when I need it. I've had many prime photo opportunities but that camera hides from me! It's still hiding from me, I have no idea where that thing is... I'm not able to post any photos because that little camera plays hardball and won't surrender!!! Shawn and I might have to issue out a search and rescue tonight before bedtime because the few photos that are on it are really cute of Audrey, which I would love to share! Wish us luck!!
Also, wish Shawn luck too! He's taking Audrey to her Urologist appointment tomorrow afternoon. I may have mentioned before but Shawn and I have split our doctors up. It was getting really stressful for me to keep up with all 8 (then 9) of her doctors and appointments. He took her to her Swallow Study and they both came out whole and the same, so this shouldn't be too bad. I do have to make sure he has everything he needs in the diaper bag and plenty of pacifiers! Dr. Ewalt will do a sonogram of Audrey's kidneys. At her appointment in December, both had increased and were a little more dilated than they were when she was 4 months old. He said they could have increased because of her recent Shunt surgery and wanted to see us back in 4 months. We are praying that they have not increased because if they have, they'll have to run some tests to find out why and I just feel that Audrey has been through enough already! Let's give our little princess a break!
Photos to come after we've released the hounds and they lead us to our camera... hopefully later this week.
*MUAH* kisses from Audrey. Yeah, you read that correctly, 'kisses from Audrey' - she just learned!!!!
Muuuuaaahhhh back atcha, little Audrey Sue-sue! Thanks for the update, Stefani...good luck to you and Shawn in finding the camera. If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure you probably have one or two other cameras in the house, don't you? Just sayin'....
ReplyDeleteTHANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE. We enjoyed our time with Audrey Sue. She gives kisses very well and she sure likes them. Keep the prayers for her going. I know she will do O.K. She is a real doll. Yes Tami, I am sure there are several cameras there. We enjoyed our time with all of you. God Bless You Love to all.
ReplyDeleteKisses back to Audrey too. I love the open mouth kisses she gives us and especially the smile I get afterward when I praise her. She gets so excited when I clap my hands and watches them intently. I bet she'll be clapping her hands really soon too.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update Stefani. I know the camera will show up soon. Thanks again for letting Audrey spend the night on Saturday. We enjoyed her company very much and everyone loved her at church!
Good luck on finding your camera. I need to do the same for my camera cord! It's MIA...they need to come with beepers or something!
ReplyDeleteAnd muah back! How cute, I love baby kisses!
i can NEVER remember where the heck i put the cord for my camera. not that i care anymore... i dropped my camera and it's not been working much lately, so boohoo.
ReplyDeleteany who, you've been busy. i haven't really been able to go back and read it all, but i will.
glad her check up went well (previous post) and that's she's doing well on milestones. it was always a worry of mine with jonas that he wouldn't reach some, b/c of the braces and such.
looking forward to updates.
btw, your daughter is so precious.