Proud Momma Moment #1,287

We have seen tremendous improvements with Audrey in the last three weeks and I have several videos but will have to post tomorrow night (it will give me an excuse to not clean for my girl's night Saturday night). But, I couldn't wait to share what we've been doing for her.

It's called Cross-Crawl and babies begin life with a 'homo-lateral' pattern whereby the right side of the brain governs the right side of the body and the left hemisphere the left side. The idea of Cross-Crawl is to get both hemispheres to communicate with each other. This link will give you a good idea of what we're doing (scroll towards the bottom X-Crawl). I contacted the lady who runs "Happiness Pages" and told her that we've seen a lot of improvement and asked her for other Cross-Crawl games/exercises. I've been making Audrey touch each cheek, shoulder, knee, elbow and all seem to be really helping her.

I do it every night when she comes home from daycare and when we have diaper changes. Shawn has even taken it up when we plays with her. Audrey loves these exercises and now will grab her foot when I pull it up to her mid-section.

She can now get on her hands and knees with her belly off the ground. In the last two days she has put one hand forward and when she tries to go forward - down she goes. She will push herself backwards (in circles around the living room) to get where she wants to go. She's a pro at sitting up by herself, even when she's laying on her belly. And, tonight I asked her to show me "food" in sign-language and she did it!!!

I know that her therapists are working so hard and all of their hard work has gotten us to this point, but I also truly believe that it's with the extra help from our Cross-Crawl exercises. I don't know why I wasn't doing this to begin with.

That's it... that's enough of my Proud Momma Moments :)

10 comments:

  1. YOU make ME a proud momma, Stefani. I've said it before, but I'll say it again...you and Shawn are doing an awesome job with sweet Audrey Sue! I truly cannot wait to spend time with her this Saturday...your dad and I will read up on these Cross-Crawl games and exercises so she won't miss a beat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey is Awesome! Glad those exercises are helping her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe I told you long ago...and at first I was skeptical, when I heard it. But after studying the brain and all the pathways, I realized it makes a world of sense. I'm so happy of Audrey's progress. You guys are such wonderful parents. You two are blessed and she is blessed. And in the last year and 3 months you have had so many blessings bestowed upon ya'll.
    I love that she signed "food"! That goes to show that while she'll laugh at you signing it to her, she's learning it.
    She's a pretty great baby...I'm happy God chose her for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that Audrey is doing so well. You and Shawn are wonderful parents and Audrey is benefiting from all you're doing to help her grow and learn. I'm so proud of both of you and Audrey. She loves to eat, so I'm not surprised that she signed "food" first. She's so smart! Pat and I will read up on the cross-crawl games too so that when we get to keep her next time, we'll be able to continue her education. She'll be crawling forward in no time. Love to you all with a bunch of kisses and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea, for Audrey Sue. She is making such progress. I can't wait til our breakfast date Sat AM. She has so many changes each time we see her. You and Shawn are doing a fantastic job with her. We are all blessed to have God send us such a special angel. Love to all

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, that gave me chills when you said she is on her hands and knees with her belly off of the floor. That's so great! That's awesome that the exercises are working. :) I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work Audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go Audrey!! She is making such great progress and the Cross-Crawl is very interesting and will definately have to try it with Tyler.

    Diane, Tyler's mom

    ReplyDelete