If You're Happy and You Know It...

Clap those hands!!

*Clap! Clap! Clap!*

We have been working so hard these last several months trying to teach Audrey how to clap. When we would try to play "Patty Cake" with her by clapping her hands for her, Audrey would pull her shoulders back and pull her hands out of ours'.

Recently she began clapping our hands for us. She would take our hands in her's and move them back and forth. When she would stop moving them, then "Patty Cake" would stop. She was getting very good at knowing when it was time to roll the dough and throw it in the oven for Baby Audrey.

But, I am VERY PROUD to say that she can now clap on her own. Last night I was playing "Patty Cake" with her, guiding her hands to clap by grabbing her elbows. She wasn't pulling away so we continued one or two more times this way. Then she signed "more" by slapping one of her hands to her knees (that was the sign we made up for "more") and I told her to clap her hands. She did it! She moved both of her OPEN hands together and they touched! She did it again, and then I asked her to do it again. And, she missed and got the cutest confused expression on her face. It said "Hey... they're supposed to touch"

Tonight, while I was preparing our dinner, I gave Shawn some french bread to snack on and Audrey started moving those lips which is always a good indication that she would be delighted to take a bite if it was offered. She wasn't too satisfied with just one bite and Shawn asked her if she wanted more... so she signed "more" but she signed the correct way! It was similar to her clapping but it was definitely her saying "more"!!

I live for these Proud Momma Moments! Two very PMM in less than 24 hours!?!?! I am the luckiest Momma in the world!

6 comments:

  1. You're not the luckiest...you're the most blessed momma in all the world!!! I'm so proud of little Audrey! I'm sure I speak for all of your blog followers that we would love to see some video of the clapping...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww - I love your PMM...when I hear them I get APM - Aunt's Proud Moment(s). It is usually plural...Stef - she is doing so amazing. I loved watching her on Saturday. She really is the sweetest little girl in the world. (tied with Miss Madeline, of course.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to make your momma proud, Audrey.
    I agree with Tami, I would love to see a video of Audrey clapping (if you have time).

    Diane, Tyler's mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Audrey!~

    Oh and I love the new photo on your new look blog, it's gorgeous!~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so proud for all of you! Audrey is so lucky to have such loving parents. She continues to amaze me and I'm definately having a proud Nanny Moment. Thanks for sharing such wonderful news with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your are going to get alot of PMMs I am sure. She has done so well and continue to. Yes, I would love to see a video also. You are all blessed. I am so proud of all of you, it takes alot of working together. Audrey Sue is a beautiful angel.

    ReplyDelete