So, on Friday night, little Miss Audrey went over to her Nanny and Pa-Pa's to spend the evening with them. Shawn and I went to Maya's Tequila Bar and Restaurant in Rowlett. We felt a little indifferent about spending a Friday night at a bar in Rowlett... and afraid we would run into some people we knew from high school; we're not the type to do stop and chats. Maya's has Karoake on Friday and Saturday nights and my parents have been making that there Friday night hang out. Oh, that's another reason we were feeling unsure about hanging out in Rowlett at Maya's on a Friday night... my parents were there too!
I thought I was only going to go for one margarita but one margarita turned into two and up Stefani went to sing Karoake. I sang 3 songs -- THREE OF THEM!!! Nobody by Sylvia, Fancy by Reba and Stay by Lisa Loeb (Duet with Staci). I'm not sure if it's motherhood or the margarita's but I was not the least bit self-conscious or nervous. I'm a natural at performing :)
Shawn sang several songs too and everyone was really impressed when he started the night off with Come on Eileen.
Audrey had fun at Nanny and Pa-Pa's. We picked her up at around midnight and when we got home Stefani crawled her inebriated butt to bed and slept the ENTIRE NIGHT! My wonderful husband woke up to feed and change Audrey's diapers. I love him! Fortunately, Audrey is starting to eat in about 4-5 hour stretches through the night but we are still at 3-4 hour stretches during the day.
oh grrrrl, I am not the least bit suprised you sang Fancy. That is your karoake JAM! I'm glad you got kick back a little. I'm suprised you guys got to sing so many songs. Next time Tim and I visit we are SO there.
ReplyDeleteI wish you would have mentioned "Staci hates me"....oh well...you were fantastic Friday night - I'm happy you finally got a night out to drink. Love you sister friend.
ReplyDelete