So, this is for Amy and everyone else who wants to keep up with the Hannon's (not the Jones' but the Hannon's).
We're a family of three now. Our little girl entered this world on May 12, 2008 at 5:12pm and her name is Audrey Sue Hannon. She weighed 8 lbs. 1 oz. and was 19 3/4 inches long. She was immediately taken to NICU so they could observe her (they actually just wanted to admire her because she is the most beautiful little girl ever!). She stayed in NICU for 4 days and was able to spend her last night in the hospital with me in my room. She was up every hour that night because I ate Chipotle for dinner and we felt the wrath that night... lesson learned.
Now, we're home and we are adjusting well. She's a month old and has grown so much! As of 06/11/2008, she weighs 10 lbs. 1 oz. with her casts. She is in her 2nd set of castings to correct her clubbed feet and is taking it like a champ. Audrey slept through the nurse sawing off her first casts. I, on the other hand, was really uncomfortable with the the whole sawing off her casts and having a 2 inch blade so close to my baby's legs. Audrey fought Dr. Sackett (her orthopedist) while he was casting her right leg. She really tried hard to straighten her leg while Dr. Sackett was wrapping her thighs--her legs need to be at a 45-90 degree angle. With her first set of castings it took her a couple of days to get used to them and we're not able to put her down for more than a minute. She finds a lot of comfort in our arms. With her second set of castings, she was used to them by late evening.
She seems to have her nights and days confused still but her pediatrician said that she should adjust by 6 weeks. Let's hope so because Momma is tired! She eats at 8pm-ish, sleeps for about an hour or two and then we're up, walking her around the house. Then we eat at 11pm-ish, we are awake until her next feeding at 2am-ish. She usually sleeps for about 4 hours and we're up again at around 6am. We are definitely feeling sleep deprived but loving every moment of it!!!
I LOVE that you took me up on the blogging! I am so excited that I can stalk you now whenever I want to!! :) Cute pictures too. Keep it up, girly! I'm so happy!
ReplyDelete~AMY~