Shawn's bags were packed last night, and he left on his airplane today at 3:35. Before take off, he realized... I had the keys to our house.
A big UH-OH!!!
I couldn't make it to the airport in time to give them to him and we haven't made spare keys to our house for family and our friends 2 blocks away yet (That will change either this week or next week... depending on how much longer we decide to procrastinate).
While Shawn was thousands of feet in the air, my dad, my sister and I were trying to make arrangements for a locksmith to come over and get in when Shawn got home. My dad's friend's son-in-law is a locksmith (Nice!) and told us to call him when he landed. I called just to make sure he was okay with going over and helping us out on a Saturday night - probably not his #1 thing to do. But, nonetheless, we are incredibly grateful. Dan the Locksmith had to drill through our lock because we replaced the front and backdoor locks with Kwickset SmartKey and those are a little more difficult to pick. Shawn made a trip to Home Depot for a new deadbolt and can you guess how he's spending his first night back at home? That's right!!! Replacing our lock.
When I spoke to him, he said we are going to give a key to the Walker's (our friends 2 blocks away), our parents, and he is going to keep a key in his wallet at all times. I'm hoping this situation never arises again but if it does, we'll have our assets covered!!
By the way, Audrey and I are having a blast tonight. It's 8pm, the lights are off in the hotel room and she's fast asleep. We played on the floor, we did upsie-daisies on the bed tonight (that's me just pulling her up into a sitting position and saying upsie-daisy in a funny voice-she laughs), we ate some carrots and an entire bottle - and now she's out... Uh-oh spoke too soon, someone's stirring in her crib... gotta go!
So glad our family knows people!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry I left the garage door opener in the car... :( I felt terrible!
I'm happy you and Audrey Sue got some Mommy and Me time!!
Love you!
I have so enjoyed your Iowa posts! I LOVE the pics of Audrey's toes! How Cute!!! Continued prayers for a successful casting!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that Dan was able to help! See you in less than 12 houurs! Love you!!
ReplyDeleteOO's happen now and then, later we laugh at them. I know you enjoyed your evening with Audrey Sue and I know you both will enjoy Nana(your Mom} the next few days. The prayers are still going for Audrey and all of you. Love you
ReplyDelete