- I can't understand why Pepsi products are such a big player here... When a waiter asks me what I would like to drink, I wouldn't like a Diet Coke - I need one! I'm well aware that I've become addicted again after having Audrey but that taste is something I can't give up! If we go to a place that doesn't serve Coca-Cola (the only soda product that should be offered), I order a water. Yeah, that's how much I despise Diet Pepsi.
- My bed, my bed, my bed!! Fairfield Inn and Suites has some fine amenities, such as down comforters and feather pillows but I have made an indention in my bed, it fits me perfectly and I need to get back into it!!
- Hotels kind of creep me out because I have no idea how many people have slept in the bed I am sleeping in and how many bodies the towel that I am using has touched - EWW, right? I can count on one hand the number of people that have slept in my bed and how many people have used my towels...
- It's frickin cold here! In Texas we have about a full week of winter weather and that's all I need for a year... Our summers are probably worse but that's why I stay in the air conditioned house! Tomorrow, 03/11, there's supposed to be a high of 24, and the wind chill could get down to 0 - that temperature is preposterous! I hope Audrey will be able to stay warm tomorrow!
- The speed limit is 25 MPH on major streets... I haven't seen it get above 35. Who does this? I honestly do not understand these limits/speed traps!
Two more days and we'll be home sweet home! Audrey Sue is really missing her home and her own bed. I know she is ready to be in her big, spacious crib and out of the cramped pack 'n play. We brought the "musts" for her to fall asleep, she has her Piggy Sue and her little puppy dog that plays "go to sleep" but we don't have her mobile and she isn't laying at an incline here either. I can't wait to lay her down in her bed on Thursday night (and then lay myself down in my bed) and see how she sleeps. She's going to be in heaven!!
I so understand the coca cola addiction! I never understood pepsi. Hang in there, soon you will be back in you r own bed in your own home! As for the weather, its windy in N.TX and about 40, so your not missing much:)
ReplyDeleteThere is no place like HOME. I will be glad for you to be back. I know we won't get all the updates like we have but I know you and Audrey will be happy to get home to Shawn and your own beds. Love you
ReplyDeleteIt is also really wet...
ReplyDeletePepsi is a big thing up there - ugh - I just threw up in my mouth!
Get home soon and safely...I get that your husband takes priority over me (humph) but we'll see each other Friday night and make mini-pizzas.
We miss you too and can't wait until you're safely back in God's Country (Texas) this Thursday.
ReplyDeleteIt's raining really hard and COLD again. The wind is blowing hard and the lightning is something else!
I'll pray for you to have a safe flight tomorrow! God Bless You, Audrey, and Nana.
Stefani, your blogs CRACK me up. I am so glad our lives crossed paths at KC and that we can keep each other posted/motivated on Alex and Audrey's progress! Just know... there IS a light at the end of the tunnel!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I wanted to comment on the Coke/Pepsi topic.. My mom started working for Coke when I was 3 yrs old and worked there for 25 yrs until she had to retire (medical reasons). I can't STAND Pepsi and would rather go thirsty. :) I grew up with my mom telling my friends "that stuff will rot your guts out" if they ever even tried to bring a Pepsi into our house. My husband thinks I'm brainwashed, but I think it's more that I just have TASTE and know what's good! LOL
Hang in there on your last night and hate to tell you, but it's going to be cold here when you get back, too. Just not nearly as cold as it's apparently been up there! Have a safe trip home tomorrow!
Shannon